Diary of a Desert Gal

Book reviews, film reviews, writing exercises, poems, thoughts, musings, etc.

6.17.2005

Things that make you go Hmmm...

As you guys may or may not know, I'm also a screenwriter, so I am, unfortunately, one of those Entertainment Tonight watching lame-lifes. So I bring you a couple of comments on Tinseltown, one involving Edgar Allen Poe. (Wow, two words I thought would never go together)

Ok, so am I the only one who is sick of Tom and Katie? And now that they've announced their engagement (more on this in a sec) means that we can look forward to dazzling tales of dress fitting disasters, best man mishaps (who is his wingman going to be anyway? then again, who cares.) and online voting about where Tomkat should honeymoon.

Here is my question, though. Don't you thinks they doth profess their love a bit too much? I mean, come on. You're a couple. We get it. And please, proposing atop the Effel Tower?! Come on, guys, you've done enough movies to recognize a bad cliche. Now look, I love love, so if they are truely in love, then godspeed. But the cynic in me just can't help but wonder, what with them both having big blockbuster movies openning this summer. mmm, is something rotten in the state of Hollywood?

(ps: yes, I am ashamed to admit I read all the AOL news about the engagement that I could find)

On another block of Tinseltown, I just read in that Sylvester Stallone has written and is set to direct a biopic of Edgar Allen Poe. (read the article here: http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1491357,00.html)
Before you start groaning, I'll tell you why you should be excited--this is the guy that wrote the Academy Award Winning script for Rocky. Whatever you think about his acting, you have to concede that Rocky is a great flick. And I am a big Poe fan, so, yes, I will probably shell out the ten bucks for this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch The Real World, so you might have some competition for the lame-life title.

Tom Cruise freaks me out. How did he go from acceptable to freak in like sixty seconds?

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home