Diary of a Desert Gal

Book reviews, film reviews, writing exercises, poems, thoughts, musings, etc.

7.16.2005

Gotta Love New York

Ok, this JUST happened, and I happen to be at home, and I thought it was a funny story, so I wanted to share...

I was sitting at my computer (which is right next to my living room window, and one window is wide open) working when all of a sudden the sound of breaking glass is heard. Now, my window faces the back little alley way -- Not very scenic, and its where all the fire escapes are.

Now, I live in a safe building, but none the less, breaking glass is never a sound you want to hear at the next building over. So I go to the window and look out, and I can hear where it's coming from, and can see a figure, but it's too dark to determine anything.

But the funniest thing was seeing other people in the building come to their windows to see what was going on. One lady called out "I'm calling the police." And then a guy chimed in with "shut the hell up!"

Then the person, a woman, doing the 'breaking in' calls out "It's me! I forgot my keys!"

And everyone went back to their business. I've alway feel safe here, but I felt even safer after that. Thanks neighbors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home