Diary of a Desert Gal

Book reviews, film reviews, writing exercises, poems, thoughts, musings, etc.

3.13.2006

New Poem

What I've Lived On The Past Three Days

Three big stalks of broccoli
from the organic food store,
a cup of white rice

from the convenience store.
The rumble of your voice
in my ear. Too much coffee.

Two yogurt cups.
Two classic rock ballads.
Two hours of live jazz.

Some chicken and cereal.
The hidden naughty behind your eyes,
and the smile you reserve

just for me. Not enough sleep.
Four glasses of 2% milk,
three over-ripe bananas,

a dozen store bought cookies.
Our inside joke, the scalding touch
of your hand on my lower back.

One good movie and popcorn.
One chapter of Dostoevsky.
One raging wildfire.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! I love this one, Aimee-girl!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

This is poetry that feeds me...and I don't mean that as a cheesy (ok a little bit...) remark. This is a poem I walk away from feeling like I've ingested something substantial. Good work, woman!


p.s. sorry for spamming yer journal... ;)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home